Scleral RGP for Corneal Hyperalgesia
Corneal Neuropathic Pain (Corneal Hyperalgesia)
- Ocular pain or discomfort where the pain is in excess of all clinical findings
Question is ….. How do you fit this patient if you can’t open their eyes to take any corneal topography, curvature or sag measurements?
Assumption is that these eyes are normal eyes in terms of ocular dimensions and surface profile. Fit empirically from trial set starting steeper than anticipated working backwards to anterior corneal surface with Sag calculations in microns.
- OD: 8.00/12.50/14.50/18.50/+2.25 (ORx +1.75) Sag 5600 clearance 721um
- OS: 8.00/12.50/14.50/18.50/+2.25 (ORx +1.75) Sag 5600 clearance 721um
- Ct 250um
- Clearance 100-150um for Lacosamide gtt + Lens Plus
FINAL LENS PARAMETERS
- OD: 9.00/12.50/14.25/18.50/+4.25 Sag 4999um
- OS: 9.00/12.50/14.25/18.50/+4.25 Sag 4999um
- Ct 300um Clearance 120um for Lacosamide gtt + Lens Plus