Case Report 7 – Unilateral Keratoconus
Unilateral keratoconus and contact lens fitting
- 24 yo male
- Sniper in army – shoots off right shoulder and sights with right eye.
- Unilateral keratoconic (20% of keratoconus)
- Corneal Specialist referral – good time to riboflavin?
- Monocular fit = flip lid / applanation tonometry. The sensitivity test.
- OD: +2.00 / -2.25 x 88 (6/5=)
- OS: +0.50DS
- SDTCL 8.7/14.0/+1.75/-1.75 x 90 (BLPVFA)
- Rotationally unstable
- RGP CL Correction
- 7.40/14.0/C edge/-3.50 Boston XO (6/6+)
- Rotationally symmetric RGP
- No need for Front Surface Toric or asymmetric periphery